Frequently Asked Questions
|Monday through Friday
| Noon -10PM
9AM - 10PM
2) GENERAL ADMISSION PRICES?
|Weekdays -- Monday through Friday -- One Day Pass
Weekend Days -- Saturday or Sunday -- One Day Pass
2-Day Weekend Pass -- Saturday and Sunday
3-Day Pass -- Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Sunday BMX Night -- After 4pm
Kids 12 and under $5 off
3) WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH WAIVERS AND CONSENT FORMS?
A NEW Waiver and a NEW Consent Form must be completed if you came before the 2010 - 2011 season. If you came during the 2010 - 2011 or 2011 - 2012 season and signed the new waiver, you're good to go. Previous waivers are no longer valid. There is a Waiver for 18 and older, a Waiver for under 18, and a Consent Form (for all ages).
Save time and bring the completed forms to the park with you. Under 18 riders must have a notarized waiver if their Parent or Guardian does not sign a waiver in the park.
SEE: RAY'S FAQ 6) WHAT IS A NOTARIZED WAIVER?
NOTE: RAYSMTB CLE (Cleveland) and RAYSMTB MKE (Milwaukee) have different Waivers. Please see the respective park's website for their Waivers and Consent Forms.
If you visit both parks, you will need to fill out each park’s specific waiver.
4) WHAT DO I DO WHEN I GET TO THE PARK?
Register yourself on a computer at the Sign-In Counter. Then take your completed Waiver and Consent Forms to the Front Desk.
5) ARE THERE SPECIAL WAIVER REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUNG RIDERS?
Yes. This applies if you're bringing other people's kids, too. No exceptions.
Under age 16:
Riders under the age of 16 MUST BE accompanied by an adult. They must either be accompanied by a Parent /Guardian who signs their waiver, or provide a Notarized waiver. That adult must remain present inside the park the entire duration of the visit.
Age 16 to under 18:
Must either be accompanied by a Parent /Guardian who signs their waiver or provide a Notarized Waiver.
6) WHAT IS A NOTARIZED WAIVER? (UNDER 18 RIDERS)
A Notary Public witnesses signatures on legal documents.
Under 18 riders that are unaccompanied by their Parent/Guardian must take a blank waiver to a Notary Public with your Parent /Guardian where you and your Parent /Guardian must sign the waiver in the presence of a Notary Public. The Notary Public will stamp and sign the waiver, authenticating your and your Parent /Guardian signatures. Notary Publics are abundant and can be found at many banks and libraries.
7) ARE BMX BIKES ALLOWED ALL THE TIME?
Yes. BMX Bikes are welcome during all regular operating hours, as are Mountain Bikes.
All bikes must have functional brakes.
8) ARE MOUNTAIN BIKES ALLOWED ALL THE TIME?
Yes. Mountain bikes are welcome during all regular operating hours, as are BMX bikes.
All bikes must have functional brakes.
9) DO ALL BIKES HAVE TO HAVE FUNCTIONING BRAKES?
Yes – working brakes are MANDATORY. All bikes must have functional brakes.
Due to the nature of park features, bikes with inoperable brakes are unsafe, and therefore forbidden in the park. Inexpensive brakes are available for purchase for compliance.
10) ARE HYBRID, CYCLOCROSS, OR ROAD BIKES ALLOWED?
11) WHAT IS BMX NIGHT ON SUNDAY NIGHTS?
Sunday Nights are BMX nights, with special BMX events and raffles.
Admission is $12.99 after 4PM on Sunday night.
This does not mean that BMX'ers can only come on Sunday Nights.
Nor does it mean Mountain Bikers cannot come on Sunday Nights.
Both BMX'ers and Mountain Bikers are welcome during all regular operating hours.
12) WHAT PROTECTIVE GEAR IS REQUIRED TO RIDE?
Helmets are required. Gloves, elbow pads, and shin guards are highly recommended. Helmets, elbow pads, and shin guards are loaned FREE with admission. Loaner gloves are not provided with admission. Long sleeve shirts and pants are also recommended. Gloves, helmets and other protective gear are also available for purchase at the park.
13) SHOULD I BRING MY OWN HELMET AND PROTECTIVE GEAR?
It’s better to, if you’ve got your own stuff. We provide FREE loaner helmets, elbow pads and shin guards. However, availability may be limited and are one-size-fits all. Gloves not provided. However, gloves, helmets and other protective gear are available for purchase.
14) WHAT CONDITION SHOULD MY BIKE BE IN?
Thoroughly inspect your bike before you arrive to make sure it is in proper, safe, working condition. We DO NOT have a full-time mechanic. We do have some parts, apparel, and protective gear available for purchase, but we are not a fully stocked bike shop.
Support your local bike shop and have your bike tuned before you come to the park.
15) DO YOU HAVE ANY LOCKERS?
A limited number of lockers are available at the Cleveland location.
Bring your own lock, or we sell locks. Sorry, lockers cannot be left locked overnight.
16) CAN I LEAVE MY BIKE OVERNIGHT?
Yes, but at your own risk. There are plenty of bike racks throughout the park. We recommend you bring your own chain and lock or we sell chains and locks at the park. A keypad locked Bike Storage Room is available to Season Pass Holders where bikes can be stored and locked for the entire season. Although this is generally a very trustworthy crowd, we are not responsible for thefts.
17) ARE THERE PLACES TO HANG OUT WHILE NOT RIDING?
Plenty. We have lots of lounge space. We also have FREE WIFI, picnic tables, fireplaces, and snacks and drinks available for purchase.
18) SHOULD I LEAVE A MESS FOR MY MOM TO CLEAN UP?
What do you think? Please clean up after yourself.
Leave no trace -- just like when you ride outside.
19) CAN LASSIE COME TO THE BIKE PARK?
Sorry, but no pets allowed inside the bike parks.
MAIN POINTS RECAP!!!
- NEW waiver & consent form must be signed by all riders.
- NEW in-park registration required on a computer at the sign-in counter.
- Under 16 riders: Parent/Guardian presence required for duration of park visit.
- Under 18 riders: Notarized waiver required in absence of Parent/Guardian.
- Both BMX bikes and Mountain bikes welcome during all regular operating hours.
- All bikes must gave functional brakes.
- No hybrids or road bikes allowed.
- Helmets required.
- Gloves, elbow pads, shin guards, and long sleeves highly recommended.